Le Pasta Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where Wolves and Pasta Combine!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taliette

Taliette

A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story Empty
PostSubject: A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story   A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 12:03 pm

Yush, I've decided to post my story which I have on WolfQuest as well.
Whatever you do, PLEASE do NOT copy any ideas, names, places or anything at all from this story. It's annoying that it takes time and hard work to make an idea just so it can get copied. Use your own head please.
This time, the story is about Sorrel, a female wolf.

--------------[/i]
Do NOT copy any of these characters! Most of them are player-submitted on the WolfQuest forums, so they do not rightfully belong to me.

Sorrel - Female
Helena - Female
Brunon - Male
Amber - Female
Almond - Male
Wolfy - Male
Rilak - Female
Aurora - Female
Earthfly - Male
Lila - Female
Windrush - Female

Still more to come!

{Chapter 1: The end is just the beginning}

... The frosty winter sun offered barely any warmth to the starving, freezing creatures below. A blizzard's wind swirled and roared into creatures' ears and the snow was thrown into their faces.
...A barren valley which had once been busy with life was now blanketed by snow, with eerie, leafless trees looming with spiked branches. A narrow river which had once roared and thundered into the valley and battled against anyone who dared to enter its waters now had a thin covering of ice to silence it. The valley seemed lifeless, without a single bird singing or a rodent rustling through the undergrowth...
... But not every creature in the valley had fled for warmer lands.
...Snarls echoed through the valley. A muscular, dominant female wolf loomed over a smaller subordinate female. The dominant wolf had dark grey fur, with a lighter underside and a black patch on her back, black ears and a black collar. She had a tiny tint of light brown on her face and stocky, short legs, and a short, wide chest. The subordinate had soft brown fur, with lighter coloured long, dangly legs, face and throat. She had dark brown ears and a dark brown patch of fur on her back.
..."I do not want any competition over my rank!" snarled the dominant female, "leave or face the consequences!"
"Helena," whimpered the subordinate, "Please, you're my sister... How could you banish me and fight our mother just for the rank of a dominant female?"
"Don't speak about them again! They are fools, they never cared for me. Now, go before I have to chase you out myself!"
...The subordinate scowled solemnly at her sister, then gradually got to her paws. She began to walk off, leaving footprints in the snow. Her mind swirled with pain, grief and confusion as she padded away, unsure how to survive on her own as she desolately left where she could had once proudly called home.
...Suddenly, the sound of thundering paws disrupted the she-wolf's thoughts. "The pack is chasing me!" she thought desperately, and began to sprint. She could feel the warmth of Helena, her sister's breath on her legs, and abruptly felt a heavy weight being thrown onto her and a sharp pain in her hind-leg. The she-wolf yelped and twisted about, realising that Helena had locked her teeth onto her leg. Changing her yelping to snarling, the she-wolf twisted and sunk her own teeth ontop Helena's side. Helena let go in shock, as it was her turn to yelp. Rolling back on her feet, the she-wolf continued her mad dash to escape.
... She ran towards the frozen river, smelling blood from her wound dripping. The snow crunched beneath her paws as the twigs snagged against her pelt and ripped off clumps of fur. The sound of the she-wolf's closest pursuer filled her ears and she paused for a split second to kick snow into her pursuers faces. One of them yelped as snow was sprayed into his eyes, and the pack paused, distracted as they worried over their pack member. The she-wolf smirked as she continued to run on to frozen mud which marked the beginning of the riverbank.
..."FOOLS!" barked Helena, "She's getting away!"
...Gasping with apprehension, the she-wolf glanced back and noticed that the pack shoved themselves onto their feet and stretched forward as they ran. The she-wolf didn't stop running, and barely noticed how close she was to the river until she slipped. The she-wolf yelped as the bitter cold of the ice stung her feet. A narrow crack emerged from her paws. It traveled further until it split again and again, and it widened more and more. The ice was cracking! The she-wolf realized with a jolt that she was on a raft of ice, and desperately leaped onto a larger one.
...A big mistake.
...The raft of ice tilted rapidly underneath the she-wolf's weight and went upside down before the wolf could think. She yelped as she fell into the intense cold of the water. It stung her nose and the current was alive once more, throwing her downstream, farther from the rivers origin; high up in the mountains.
...The wolf kicked upwards and broke the surface, gasping, but was tossed onto her face and water rushed into her lungs before she had time to close her mouth. The wolf tried to cough, but only bubbles came out and water came in. Her bones began to numb with cold. The wolf suddenly felt her body being tossed downwards and she guessed she was going where she was about to run to to exit her territory; downhill.
...The current got even faster and, with the last of her strength the wolf broke the surface once more, coughing and spitting water then gasping air while forcing her aching limbs to keep her head above the surface. Soon, the water gently slowed as the wolf let her body go limp as she rested for a few seconds, holding her breath. But that soon ran out, and the wolf was convinced that this was the end of her journey; the end of the journey of life. She gave up her attempts to survive and stopped herself from moving. Yet, she felt the water push her onto land, but the she-wolf had already given up.
...Fatigued and overwhelmed by defeat, the wolf's mind was clouded with thoughts. She couldn't think, so she let her body take over and found her eyes shutting and she began to breathe in and out deeply, letting her body sink in the snow.
Back to top Go down
Swolfy
Admin
Swolfy

PostSubject: Re: A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story   A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 5:45 am

I'm going to move this to User writings, because it is about wolves. Great story there!
Back to top Go down
https://lepastapack.rpg-board.net
Taliette

Taliette

PostSubject: Re: A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story   A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks for moving it & commenting! Here's an update:

Chapter 2: Acceptance

...There was little known of the plains right by the mountains and even less known about its inhabitants - the wolves. A pack of three wolves, two males and one female shared only part of it, which was in the edge of their territory. The rest was vast, open plains - a perfect grazing area in which bison, deer, elk and other animals enjoyed eating in with a perfect view of a broad, halcyon lake.
... It was this lake in which the she-wolf had been washed into and was trotting away from. By now, the blizzard had stopped and the she-wolf's grief was long forgotten as it was replaced with exuberance and hope, for with every step she took she knew she was heading out for adventure. By what she could see there were sparse trees in these open plains, which had once bloomed with flowers and had waist-high grass growing. But now, it was simply a plain of deep snow and uninviting trees.
...As the she-wolf wandered ever deeper, the scent of other wolves grew stronger. At first, the she-wolf told herself it was just a lone wolf who passed by days ago, but as she ventured inside the scent of three wolves mixed together; she was definitely in a pack territory.
...The she-wolf paused, her paws crunched against the snow. She took a deep breath. She raised her nose and sniffed the air. Yes, there was a wolf nearby. But where exactly was the wolf? The scent was all around her, and the she-wolf knew that a stranger could be hiding anywhere. Since she wasn't that good at smelling, she puppy her ears up and twitched them. But just at that moment, something unexpected happened.
..."Boo," hissed a voice.
...The she-wolf yelped and landed on her injured hind-leg, then whined as she put pressure onto it. She could hear chuckling from somewhere in the thorny bushes, and a light brown paw stepped into view. The thorns rustled for a few seconds, and a male wolf appeared.
...He had scruffy red-brown fur, with light brown legs and underside. There was black from the back of his head leading all the way to his spine until his tail tip as well as a black collar of fur around his neck. He had a light brown throat and face, and a broad chest which made him seem shorter than he already was. His legs were somewhat stocky, resting on large, clumsy paws. At the sight of him, the she-wolf flipped onto her back and exposed her belly submissively, adding whimpers to her pose.The male wolf cleared his throat and began to address the she-wolf properly this time.
"You know you're trespassing, don't you?" he said in a deep yet mocking voice, obviously making fun of stern, irritated wolves who found loners on their territory.
..."I-I was just, the river up there- I-" stuttered the she-wolf.
...The male wolf threw his head back and laughed.
"What's the matter? Lynx got your tongue? I guess the pack would like to hear about this and take a look," the male wolf grunted.
The she-wolf winced at the mention of a pack and paused uncertainly for a few seconds, desperately trying to decide whether or not to trust this wolf.
"Come on! No need to be afraid of old Brunon. Now, get up before I have to pull you up myself,"
...Nodding vigorously, the she-wolf gingerly got to three of her feet, carrying her injured hind leg close to her stomach. Brunon eyed her leg for a few seconds, then nodded as he saw the damage.
"Been driven out, haven't you?"
...The she-wolf nodded.
"Quit nodding all the time and speak! What's your name anyway?"
"S-Sorrel," the she-wolf mumbled quietly.
"Interesting,"

"Come on out everybody! I've got something for you two to see!"
...Two? Sorrel thought awkwardly. The glanced around. Where she was, there were many boulders of all shapes and sizes, some flat, some round, some smooth, some rough, coloured in various shades of greys and browns. Beyond those boulders, Sorrel could see, was a rocky mountain range. But something else caught her interest just as she was about to examine the mountains.
... The snow crunched behind a boulder. The smell of an old male wolf lingered in the air, and so did that of a young female wolf; only a juvenile, though. The sound of paws scrabbling onto the largest, smoothest boulder filled Sorrel's ears, when meanwhile a sub-adult female wolf came into sight.
... She looked a lot like Brunon, with deep brown fur and light brown legs and a light brown throat and face. The difference was that she had a black patch of fur on her back, and her chest was narrow, her legs were lean, her tail fur was thick and her paws were delicate and small. She opened her mouth to speak, but shut it again when she looked up at the massive boulder.
...On top of that boulder, was an old male wolf. His fur was once a handsome medium brown, but was now a faded grey-brown. He had a dark grey patch of fur on his back and a dark grey tail too. He had light grey legs, throat and face, and a dark grey collar of fur. His ears were slightly reddish, but it was too hard to determine whether it was once brown or red-brown due to how faded the colour was.
"Well?" he rasped, looking down at Brunon, "What do you have this time, son?"
"I thought you were trying to hunt something and you brought her instead! What kind of a pack member and brother are you" giggled the female wolf mischeivously. Sorrel caught her eye and noticed a playful gleam there. Sorrel expected the yearling to be scolded, but she wasn't.
"Now, Amber, is that the way we treat guests?" smiled the old wolf. Without waiting for an answer, he continued, "So, why are you in our territory, Missy?"
...Taking a deep breath, Sorrel began to speak.
..."Well, my parents were ill, and my sister and some male wolf decided it was a good opportunity to fight them for dominance. They won, and my sister chased me out a few days later so that there wouldn't be much of a competition. They were chasing me, and while they were my sister gave me this" (Sorrel lifted her injured hind-leg), "and I escaped to a frozen river by accident. The ice cracked, and the ice raft I was standing on was cracking so I jumped on a bigger one, but it turned over and the current swept me away to the lake-"
"Wait a second," muttered the old wolf, "What do you mean 'the lake'? It was frozen the last time we saw it,"
...Brunon saved Sorrel from answering.
"The current was so strong that it broke most of the ice," responded Brunon, "Who would ever want to be drowning in recently frozen water?"
...Sorrel flashed a glance at Brunon and mouthed thank you to him, then continued: "I got swept to the lake shore, then I was too tired to move and... I think I fell asleep or I fainted, I don't know... but after that I was so curious that I ended up exploring, until Brunon found me,"
...There was silence for a few seconds, until the old wolf spoke.
"I think we can all agree, that you could have a place in our pack,"
Sorrel's heart leaped. These wolves were so generous! But why would they need her in their pack? As if he read her mind, the old wolf spoke.
"You see, hunting is difficult for us ever since my mate, Azalea died from an earthquake. She was getting old and was slow, and when a rock from the mountains landed on her..." the old wolf's voice trailed away, looking up at the sky as if remembering the memory, "But we know a different way of getting food as well as hunting."
...Sorrel cocked her head, and a smile formed on Amber's face.
"What is that other way?"
...The old wolf smirked.
"Theft,"
Back to top Go down
Swolfy
Admin
Swolfy

PostSubject: Re: A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story   A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 6:55 am

Nice job. Sorry I didn't reply before, I forgot.
Back to top Go down
Taliette

Taliette

PostSubject: Re: A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story   A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:08 pm

OK, here's chapter 3!

Chapter 3: Beyond the border

"Theft?" repeated Sorrel, cocking her head to one side.
"Theft," Amber smirked, "is as in stealing meat from other packs' kills,"
"But-"
"Which reminds me," interrupted the old wolf, "we must be careful when doing that. We have to be silent, and swift to leave soon before we get noticed. If we do get noticed, we must run. So far, we've never been caught but we have been chased a few times.
"Oh dear, where are my manners? I am Almond, the dominant male. My mate was the dominant female, but she's gone. Brunon was born normally in a litter of three. He stayed with his old parents, and Amber was born the next year in a litter of five. She is very precious to us, because Azalea was too weak to care for the four weak pups but was able to care for Amber,"
... He smiled briefly at the look of fascination on Sorrel's face, then continued: "Well, Sorrel, you should get yourself some rest. Have a nap, then Brunon will tour you around the territory, while Amber catches a rabbit for you if she can,"
"Sure thing dad!" Amber yipped.
...She padded towards Sorrel and touched noses with her. Sorrel smiled weakly, then watched as Amber padded away, occasionally lifting her head and sniffing the air.
...Brunon stretched his back.
"I'll patrol the border and renew scent marks," he sighed.
...Brunon touched noses with Sorrel, then before he could see what she responded with, he turned, his ears perked up and tail curled high and head held up dominantly, though he wasn't a dominant male.
...Sorrel's jaws stretched wide as she yawned, her teeth glinting in the moonlight. She began to wander behind the boulders, sniffing at everything and examining every place. She found a spot beneath a giant birch tree, its tangled roots providing a good place to sleep in and to keep away the cold. Sorrel sniffed at it, and finding that it had no inhabitants, she turned around and backed near the tree. walking around in a circle for a few moments, she dropped onto her side, stretching her wounded leg out and yawning. Gently, her breathing got deeper and her eyelids slid over her eyes. They did not open until dawn.
------------------

"Sorrel? Soooorrel? SORREL!" yipped Amber, tugging at Sorrel's ear.
...Sorrel groaned. A week had passed since she had been accepted into the pack, and her leg healed well enough to walk and run. Sorrel's timidness was melting away, to reveal an optimistic, friendly, funny wolf. She loved her new pack and felt like they were her family.
... Only once had Sorrel and the pack hunted big game, but they had only taken down a mountain goat which was foolish enough to descend downwards and to begin searching for grass in the snow. Although it had only a small amount of meat due to lack of nutrition, its thick fat was delicious and the wolves had practically eaten all of it, only leaving bones. when they returned, they simply lied down and slept. They had stuffed themselves because they would never know when their next meal would be, and that could be days.
...Amber had sneaked off in the middle of the night and returned with a chunk of elk meat, its scent covered with that of another pack's. The pack devoure it in a matter of seconds,
...Brunon had showed Sorrel around the territory. He seemed to know where every tree and rock was, and on their way back Brunon had stopped to catch a thin lemming, in which Almond devoured in one bite.
"What now, Amber?" Sorrel grumbled, sitting up.
"We think you're ready to go on your first meat-robbing expedition," Amber smirked, "And I'm coming with you!"
...The drowsiness left Sorrel immediately as her heart pounded in her chest with excitement. At first, Sorrel had felt disgusted that they were stealing meat, but then that frustration was long forgotten.
"So, which pack are we going to annoy this time?" Sorrel pondered aloud.
"The pine forest one," Amber beamed, then lowered her tone, "They're a large pack, though. If we're caught, we're doomed,"
...Sorrel nodded, understanding Amber's seriousness.
"I see you're going now?" called a voice.
...Sorrel swivelled round and saw Brunon and Almond standing together.
"Yup!" Amber replied, her tail thrashing from side to side, "Too bad you can't come; you've got to take care of Dad!"
"Your old father doesn't need caring of. He just needs company," chuckled Almond.
"Now scram or I'll chase you out!" Brunon joked, baring his teeth in a mock grin.
...Sorrel playfully leaped forward and nipped his ankle, then hopped back and began to run with Amber at the lead, both of them laughing as Brunon began to chase them. But his muscular body meant he wasn't exactly the fastest runner you'd meet, so Amber and Sorrel crossed the territory's border before Brunon could catch up with them.
...Amber and Sorrel skidded to a halt, sending flecks of snow flying in all directions and clinging to their pelts. They turned around and noticed Brunon smiling gently and flicking his ears.
"Good luck," he whispered, then turned, tracing his steps back home.
...Amber turned and frowned at Sorrel.
"Keep to the ground, keep your ears p ricked and eyes open. Test the air as much as you can, and make sure to run if you see a wolf. If you smell a fresh scent, tell me as soon as you can," Amber hissed.
...Sorrel nodded, and together Amber and Sorrel crouched to the ground, their bellies brushing along the snow and their paws placed carefully. Each step seemed to count. The pine trees looming overhead were decorated with snow and icicles. Occasionally, there would be a few piles of snow near the trees, obviously having slid off of the cone shaped trees. All around her, Sorrel could smell the scent of another pack, and she was getting uneasy.
"Don't be scared," Amber whispered, "I can smell your fear-scent,"
...Sorrel nodded and flattened her fur. Suddenly, a new scent stung her nose. The scent of rotting bison meat.
"I smell that too," Amber smirked.
...Amber turned abruptly to the opposite direction, leaving Sorrel frowning in confusion.
"This way is easier. The other way has a stream blocking the way, and I won't want to walk on ice," Amber muttered, not looking up.
...Sorrel hurried towards Amber and followed her. The path Amber took was twisting and turning, occasionally going around in circled, until finally Amber paused and looked behind her.
"Come closer," Amber whispered, "but don't stick your head out. We don't want to be caught out in the open,"
...Sorrel obeyed wonderful and peeked through the branches. A massive bison carcass infested with flies and with barely any scraps left. Most of its skeleton was showing, including its ribs. The rotten scent was so strong that Sorrel could barely smell Amber right next to her.
"The pack must've been pretty big to have brought that down," Sorrel commented glumly.
...Amber nodded slowly and bit her lower lip.
"When I say go, you creep as fast as you can to the carcass, take any meat and don't be greedy, then get back and run like mad back to the territory. Just run. Run as if your life depends on it," Amber whispered, "One..."
Sorrel tensed her muscles.
"Two..."
Sorrel's heart pounded so hard in her chest that she could feel it.
"THREE!" Amber hissed.
...The two wolves darted forward towards the carcass. Sorrel tore off a chunk of meat from the bison's hind leg with Amber, and just as they were about to sprint back home, they froze as a voice sounded behind them.
"INTRUDERS!"
Back to top Go down
looloo
Admin
looloo

PostSubject: Re: A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story   A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:46 pm

I would really love to read this but i cant, you know why mezz but im gonna get my new Windows Vista laptop soon YAY I LOVE WINDOWS VISTA =D its so so cool, anyway sorry mezz pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story   A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Howl Of Sorrow - Sorrel's Story
Page 1 of 1